- Create a happy and safe Bhutan through disaster risk reduction.
- Promotes supports and facilitates disaster management to reduce disaster risks, in line with the RGoB’s policy of Gross National Happiness.
- Coordinate disaster risk management at the national and local levels in coordination with relevant agencies.
- Raise awareness on disaster risks and their mitigation/ prevention at all levels.
- Enhance and strengthen capacities of disaster management authorities at all levels.
- Support poverty alleviation through grant of relief after a disaster Provide support to the local administrations in preparation of their disaster management plans.
- Facilitate effective disaster management through development of various guidelines and legislative framework.
- Facilitating exchange of information, experience and expertise.