The vision of the Department of Civil Registration and Census (DCRC) is delivering civil registration and census related services of the highest standard and quality to the citizen of Bhutan.
- To develop and maintain accurate database on all citizens and Special Residence Permit (SRP) holders.
- To enhance and simplify the citizenship identity cards, SRP and other nationality documents issuance system.
- To improve and deliver customer care services through the optimal use of information, communication and technology.
- To maintain and generate complete demographic data through an automated system
In order to promote professionalism and customer care services, the Department has identified the following as core values:
- The officials should demonstrate highest integrity, honesty and discipline while discharging the services.
- Honesty and Integrity
Customer Care Services
- The DCRC should be prepared to respond to the needs of the general public by providing high quality, prompt and reliable services. A people friendly approach should be promoted.
- The DCRC should promote cohesive and affirmative inter-personal relationship amongst the officials and be responsive to the needs of the clients.
- The DCRC should place qualified and competent officials in all the Dzongkhags to manage the Bhutan Civil Registration System.